Monday, December 11, 2006

Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth

If you haven't seen this movie, you need to. My wife and I watched it for the first time a few nights ago and are still talking about it.

So far, we have:

Bought a hybrid - Toyota Prius and are getting about 47.8 MPG overall average
Installed the new light bulbs throughout most of our house
Bought an energy efficient clothes washer and dryer
Bought an energy efficient refrigerator
Set the thermostat down a little
Signed up for green power from our energy company
Started turning off lights

No, we didn't do all that in just the last few days, but it shows what one family can do to contribute to the solution. By the way, the old appliances have new homes and are functioning well. They didn't go to a landfill.

Folks, I'm no scientist, and I cannot say that global warming is real, but I CAN say from my lofty height of 62 years, having lived in Europe and several parts of the U. S., the sky's getting dirtier, and there are too many warning signs from too many places.

Watch the movie. It's called "An Inconvenient Truth", and you can learn more at http://www.climatecrisis.net/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home