Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Update - 2006 Hybrid Prius Mileage

Just thought I would take a moment to post an update of the miles per gallon I am still getting on my 2006 Toyota Prius...which, by the way, has NEVER HAD ANY MECHANICAL PROBLEM, including sticking gas pedals, invasive floor mats, or fleas.

Okay, fleas are NOT a mechanical problem, but we haven't had them anyway.

To continue in a serious vein:

I bought my 2006 Toyota Prius new in April 2006 from Texas Toyota of Grapevine. It now has over 115,000 miles, is in perfect mechanical condition and appearance, and still gets slightly over 50 MPG.

By the way, I have heard a few people on TV speak disparagingly about speed and comfort in relation to hybrids in general, so, just let me say that I weigh 230 lbs, and my wife is a large woman. One of the reasons we bought our Toyota Prius is because of the comfort and roomy interior.

We have also taken several trips in it and have no complaints about its ability to cruise at highway speeds, climb mountains, or pass other vehicles. We have taken a 3-week trip from Dallas, Texas through Las Vegas, Nevada, Reno, Sacramento, California, down the coast to Monterey, on to Los Angeles, back to Phoenix and home to Dallas. The car was perfect for all the different types of terrain and traffic.

We even went to Rachel, Nevada, and visited the Little A'Le'Inn where we had breakfast and my wife got to purchase an "Extraterrestrial Highway - Area 51" T-shirt.

We have been back and forth between Dallas and Atlanta several times and have taken several trips from Dallas and Atlanta down to the coast. We have also taken a couple of trips from Dallas to Phoenix.

Not only have we enjoyed the fuel economy of our 2006 Toyota Prius, but we have traveled in comfort and easily kept up with the other drivers on the road.
======================
AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil and Other Automotive Products

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home