Friday, April 23, 2010

Hybrids Don't Have any Power and Are Uncomfortable, Right?

I was listening to a guy talking about cars the other day on some television show. He repeated what I had heard many other times from people who do not own, and, apparently, do NOT want to own a hybrid car.

In essence, he stated that hybrid cars did not have any speed or power and were tiny, uncomforable "teardrops".

Well, I HAVE owned a Toyota Prius since 2006, and I'll have to give him the "teardrop" thing.

However, I have driven my car for over 115,000 miles, including on a three-week trip from Texas to California and back, several Dallas to Atlanta shots, and several trips down to the coast. I have driven it over all kinds of environments and in all sorts of traffic situations. I have passed sports cars and semi's (which I used to drive and teach people to drive).

I have cruised for miles at 75 miles an hour, climbed mountains, and used acceleration to zip out of harm's way.

Over the years, several people have stopped my wife and myself in parking lots to talk to us about our Toyota Prius. We often let them sit in the car, and they are generally amazed to learn, despite the "teardrop" appearance, and small outer dimensions of the car, how much room there is inside.

Not only roomy, but one of the most comfortable cars I have ever owned.

Take that, talk show guy!
=================
Save money on maintenance with AMSOIL products.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home